Friday, June 21, 2019

When One Door Closes, Another Always Opens




The newest member to join our family sooooooooon!


Mark and I have made many changes in our lives over the past few months.  The biggest change is that we moved.  We moved eight houses down from our old home.  We decided it was time to rid ourselves of the stairs/two-story home and build a one level home.  We started the process last June and we were able to finally move in on April 15th-Tax Day!

As I did the final walk-through of our old home, I found myself downstairs where Zach passed away. With all the fun, beautiful, awesome memories of living in our old home, there is one memory that is still heartbreaking, Zach’s death.  I actually kissed my hand and touched all the places where his last moments were in that house.  I then looked around that mostly empty room and said my final good-bye.  That home served us well and another family will make their beautiful memories in it, and truly, that makes me smile.

I came home, opened the door, and thought, “I love our new home.”  We have beautiful views of Pine Valley Mountain and various vistas.  I love watching storms roll in.  I love planting my garden and my flowerpots, and even weeding.  I love to cook in my dream kitchen and to grill outside in 100+ degree weather.  I love doing the dishes and even laundry.  I love to sit outside by our water feature and meditate.  I often ponder as to how many dogs I can talk Mark into letting me have-hahaha!  I love that we were able to help create this house and now we can enjoy the fruits of those labors.

As the door of the old closes, we take with us many beautiful, sweet, and fun memories. Those memories will stay tucked warmly and safely in my heart, never to forget.  “We don’t remember days…we remember moments.” (Author Unknown) “Today’s little moments become tomorrow’s precious memories.” (Author Unknown)

Here are a few pictures of our new home where we hope to make many new memories, especially with our new addition to the family coming on July 8th~Gus!

This is the old home

Kitchen which is part of the "Great Room"

Great Room

The Great Room's view... it really is a "great" room!

The view can be seen right through the front doors

Pano of the front

These doors!  I am obsessed!  Shout out to Urban Iron Doors for the design  :)

Mark's man cave-beautiful office

View from the Master Suite

A little video of the water feature our builder Dave created :)  Shout out to DAVE!!!!

Gorgeous fire pit that Dave also created :)  Another shout out to DAVE!!!!

Ahhhh... the pool!  When the beach is unavailable...

Another pool view - shout out to Oasis for creating this refreshing scene :)

Back patio pano

And then...  Gus!

He has even captured Dr. Mark's heart :)

No comments:

Post a Comment