Saturday, July 27, 2024

Gone, But Not Forgotten

The one thing that is a constant for both Mark and I is that Zach may be gone from this life, but he is never far from our everyday thoughts of him, thus he will never be forgotten.  Never.

Today would be Zach’s 26th birthday.  26. 

Today he has been gone from this earthly existence nearly thirteen years.  He died when he was thirteen.

 

The day Zach was born was one of joy, as it was when each of my children were born.  His cute little cherub face, the baby hands, the baby snuggles, the dark hair, the blue blue eyes, the baby giggles, the baby smiles are all and more that make my Momma heart happy.  Memories.

When I was a “Diet Cokeaholic,” I poured myself a glass each and every morning.  Right after, I would take a big sip.  One morning when Zach was in his high chair, probably 18 months old, he was grinning the biggest smile while I did my morning routine while getting his breakfast ready.  Right after I took a big sip of that delicious Diet Coke, I hear the biggest “Ahhhhh” of a sigh.  I looked over at him, only to see the biggest smile as he was “ahhhh sighing” with me to help me enjoy that first morning sip.  Memories.  Beautiful memories.

 

Zach was busy.  He loved fishing.  He loved riding his bike.  He loved to play basketball.  He loved having friends.  He loved Karate and always made Coach Reis laugh with his LOUD Karate screams.  He loved golf and having lessons with Coach Averitt.  He loved playing golf with his brother, brother in law, and Dad.  He loved Go-Cart racing, especially at the Golphin’ Dolphin in Emerald Isle.  He loved boogie boarding and skim boarding.  He was pretty impressive on a skim board.  Zach embraced life and loved it.  Memories.

 

Pictures.  Videos.  Videos with your voice and laugh. Trophies.  Scout paraphernalia.  Your scriptures.  A book you wrote in elementary school.  More pictures.  The love you gave, and we embraced.  Memories.


Zach lived.  Zach loved.  Zach was a gift from our Father in Heaven.  A beautiful wonderful precious gift. 

 

“Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal." -Richard Puz

 

You may be gone here, but you will never be forgotten.  For, my memories of you and your short life are embedded and written in the depths of my soul.  They are mine.  My memories of you.

 

Happy Birthday Zach!  I love you with all my heart.




To whomever brought these beautiful drumsticks, THANK YOU!!  Thank you for remembering our Zach!




Who You’d Be Today







No comments:

Post a Comment