Sunday, July 27, 2014

A Simple Birthday Wish...

I went into a store the other day and saw some powdered sugar doughnuts!  Those doughnuts reminded me of how much Zach LOVED to eat them and would chow them in no time flat!!!  This memory made me smile.

I was driving home with Mark after his marathon on Thursday.  As I was driving, I remembered when we were driving to Virginia to visit my parents, many years ago.  We had to make a potty stop.  Zach would have been about 3 at the time and was in the process of “potty training.”  Mark took him to the men’s room.  As I was waiting for Mark and Zach to come out, several men came out of the men’s room smiling and laughing.  When Mark and Zach came out, Mark was laughing.  Zach went to the bathroom first and Mark said, “Good job Zach!”  We were doing our best to encourage him ha!  It was Mark’s turn and just as Mark finished, Zach yelled, “Good job Dad!”  I guess he brought the house down with his comment.  This memory made me smile.

Zach has come to me in my dreams.  When he does, I am filled beyond joy.  And, this warms my heart and makes me smile!

I had a lot of help decorating your headstone this time.  I decided I wanted to decorate it with lots of butterflies.  Butterflies, for some reason, make me smile...they are happy and beautiful.

Aunt Pam, your cousins, & Brooklynn & Brielle
Putting the butterflies on...


Brielle with front row seating
The finished product :)

Nana, Papa, Chelsea, Brook, & Brielle <3

Can you tell we are seestas???




The butterflies have hatched!

Isn't this happy???


Happy Birthday Zach!  You would be 16 today.  We would be at the DMV on Monday so that you could receive your license.  You would be ordained to the office of a Priest and blessing the Sacrament next Sunday.  And…you would be dating!  While I am missing you and missing ALL the things you would be getting to do, I know you are not missing any of it!  I know you are happy.  You have the Melchizedek Priesthood and you are serving our Savior by teaching all those who never had the opportunity to learn of Jesus Christ.  I know you are busy, and this brings me peace.  However, you are dearly missed!  Your Dad & I will be sending you your annual birthday balloons with our messages of love to you.  I know you know how much we love you and we, too, know how much you love us!

Happy Birthday Zach <3

These are sent to you with ALL our love <3
Up, up, up...


Almost a spec in the big blue sky...


Off into the big blue yonder...  We love and miss you...
ALWAYS & FOREVER <3

P.S.  I really need to thank ALL your friends who remembered that today is your birthday!  Makaylie posted a quote I have heard many times before, and I wanted to share it in my blog.

“When you have someone you love in heaven, you have a little bit of heaven in your home.” 

I believe we do have a little bit of heaven in our home with Zach being our guardian angel.  Happy Birthday my sweet angel son!  Until we meet again… <3

No comments:

Post a Comment