Saturday, March 12, 2016

Graduation… I want to go, but can only imagine…


This is the year!  Zach would be graduating from high school, and OH.HOW.I.WANT.TO.BE.THERE!!!!  I imagine waking up early and making his favorite breakfast.  I imagine pressing his shirt and pants.  I imagine him wearing his favorite tie (the one from Aaron and Katie’s wedding~the one we buried him with…).  I imagine him giving me a hug before he leaves and giving me his big beautiful smile.  I imagine him hopping into his car, and then watch him drive off down the street.  I imagine getting ready and making sure that I have my camera to capture every moment.  I imagine getting to the auditorium early so that I can have the BEST seat in the house!  I imagine standing as the 2016 class, with whom Zach would be graduating, files in.  I imagine carefully watching to see where he is in the processional line.  I imagine finding him, tears coming, and being completely filled with this incredible joy. 

And then, I imagine them reading his name “Zachary Pulsipher.”  I imagine I am snapping pictures like crazy, and crying, and trying to focus and savor this beautiful moment in time.  Zach was my baby.  This would have been the natural order of things. 

However, Zach graduated four years ago.  His graduation was FAR different than the one I ever imagined.  And yet, I have somehow found some peace and LOTS of comfort. 

And now, I imagine Zach in the arms of our Savior.  I imagine Zach teaching people the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I imagine that big beautiful smile and his fun engaging personality drawing people to hear what he has been commissioned to teach.  I imagine him with my Dad, my brother Tom, and Mark’s mother.  I imagine the angelic work he is going about and doing.  I imagine him close by and hugging me, especially when an unexpected tear slips out and rolls gently down my face. 

I am glad my imagination can look at both sides of the veil.  I am ever grateful that my understanding of the Plan of Salvation helps me to imagine what life is like for Zach now and what work he is, in fact, going about and doing.  I more than imagine, but know, Zach is happy where he is. 

A quote that I quite like:
"The imagination is a pallete of bright colors.  You can use it to touch up memories ~ or you can use it to paint dreams."  ~Robert Brault

So, on May 24th, 2016, I secretly imagine sitting in the audience.  I secretly imagine standing as all those wonderful students, Zach went to school with, come filing in.  I secretly imagine them reading Zach's name and remembering a friend who is no longer with them.  I secretly smile and secretly shed a tear (or two). 


I can only imagine….

Graduation from Pre-school...  oh, how this makes me smile!

I Can Only Imagine by MercyMe <3

7 comments:

  1. Wendy, you are such an amazing mom. I can only imagine Zach watching over you and your family from heaven and the joy and love that is in his soul for all of you. How grateful we can be for the peace, comfort and strength the gospel of Jesus Christ brings to us. I also loved the song you chose, very powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you and I love this. I'll be looking for you in the audience on that wonderful day! Ps that's my mom's favorite song, I love that you know it❤ -Alexis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ALEXIS!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 I sure do love you!! Thank you for your sweet comment! I send you big (((hugs))) with LOTS of love!

      Delete
  5. Great, Thanks for sharing this information with us. galaxyessay.com

    ReplyDelete